-
August 8th, 2004, 11:00 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I heard AGT 21 (light skin,curly short blond hair, hazel eyes) has a permanent part in her hair because of the pigtails she comes in. Well, I was wondering if I wet her hair and combed it straight, would the part still be there when it dries? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
-
August 9th, 2004, 12:57 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I don't have one (although I think she's adorable) but I'm sure someone here must have her and can possibly answer your question. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
August 9th, 2004, 01:00 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Looking at Amanda's hair, the part won't go away. There's no hair there. And if you wet it, you might lose the curl.
-
August 9th, 2004, 01:05 AM
#4
HB Forum Owner
Don't worry about water hurting the curl. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Wigs are "set" and have what's called a "memory" (scary music playing...imagine hair with a memory! [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] ). Using water helps restore curl in a wig and can make it look better. I would think the AGT wig has memory, though someone else with the doll could help better here.
However, I have Kit and Josefina whose wigs have skin parts, and the wigs are really made to keep those parts. The wigs are a little different since there is plastic in that section, instead of a fabric wig cap. I would guess the AGT is made the same way, though I don't have that doll. You can brush the hair differently, but it's kind of like a person with a cowlick in that it will want to go back. If the AGT's wig is a skin part, then her hair will mostly fall into the part it's made to fall into.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 08, 2004 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>
-
August 9th, 2004, 02:01 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Lol to the 'hair memory' notion... though I wouldn't mind my hair remembering when it was straightened [img]wink.gif[/img] .
AGT21's wig is sort of like Molly's- the hair is snipped differently in the back. Even if you combed the hair out, the cut would still be different in the back. This being said, AGT21 can still wear her hair down and it looks just fine... in fact, at AGP they showcase her with her hair down, the curls becoming a flipped out 'do. Quite cute!
-
August 9th, 2004, 02:17 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I have her, and her hair is clipped a little in the back so the wig doesn't show when her hair is in the pigtails. However, her hair still looks good when it's down. You can just comb the hair down over the back of her head and it looks fine - you can't even see the clipped area. It's a little thinner in back than on the sides, but lots of styles still work with it. She is a cutie! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks